BURIED Week 1
In week 1 of Buried, our church-wide, four-week series on baptism, we discussed the need for God. Here are a few of the main points:
- We all have a sinful nature and are fundamentally broken people.
“All that we call human history–money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery, is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.”
C. S. Lewis
- The Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ restores us and gives us eternal hope.
- We are saved by the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ.
- People need God more than they need fame, money, or success.
- The greatest miracle is when Jesus forgives our sins and places us in right relationship with Him.
- One of the primary ways the New Testament identifies Believers is with the understanding that we are “in Christ.”
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is “Christ in us.” Our water baptism into the name of Jesus is “us in Christ.”
Text: Mark 2:1-12
By Jeff Emery
Join us for Spirit-filled worship on Sunday at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, and 6:00 PM. Learn more about service times, locations, and language options by clicking here.